Thursday 14 June 2007

Loveliness

The whole idea of tinsel effect was to find a way to remove some of the unnecessary glitter that we put on things and get down to the bare bones of an issue. Naming things for what they are rather than what we'd like them to be. Finding a way to tease out the reality, separate it from fantasy is, I believe, one of the ways that humans can truly make sense of the world. I'm not sure that Im managing to do that, at all. I do know that nothing galls me more than when I attempt to go in one sure direction and then I meander down another. Here is a tinsel-worthy site that I found whilst perusing some interesting blogs. I'm not sure what the blog etiquette is for using a link within text, so if someone would be kind enough to let me know if I'm stepping on toes I'd appreciate the feedback. Until I get my head around html tags, again, so that I can create a link, you'll just have to cut and paste the address into your browser...sorry. Anyway, the blog is at: http://tlltworld.blogspot.com/ and I hope that the 'tinsel' in the images is enough to make your day happy, knowing that things do often appear to be what they are not. Loveliness is often in disguise. The artist has collected images from Flikr and other sites and found a way to link them together. It's quite a clever concept and I spent a good ten minutes on it just getting my dose of loveliness for the day.

1 comment:

Janet Kincaid said...

Re: adding links to your blogs, what browser are you using? Also, there should be a logo of a green globe with a link above it. This is the tool you use to add links.

Type in the text you want to "link." For example, Aitch Em is Oh Kay. Copy the link you want to include, then highlight Oh Kay. Now, click on the logo. This should open a box that will allow you to paste the link. Click "OK" and your link will now be embedded in your text.

As for the subject of this post and the link you included, WOW! Totally put me in a happy place. Thanks for sharing!