Saturday 9 June 2007

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my aunt's birthday. I have an unbelievably brilliant relationship with my aunt, despite our living on different continents. "C" is my mother's youngest sister and she is only ten years my senior, so I look upon her as an 'older sister' more than an aunt. She's got an amazing mind and a good core. I don't know how to explain good cores, really, except that she has such a positive impact on everyone I have introduced to her. I think what I mean is that she's got the ability to see things in perspective and consider countless possibilities. She and I can talk for HOURS, and when we have had the chance to visit, we talked about most things under the sun. It's difficult articulating the impact she has had on my life, and when I try I usually end up overstating things and sounding sycophantic, which probably creeps her out and, in retrospect, embarrasses me that I, perhaps, have missed the mark. However, she has never let it show and accepts my awkward fawning graciously. Auntie C...whatever birthday antics you enjoyed, yesterday, I hope they were lovely and that you have a tremendous year ahead of you. I love you. xxH

No comments: