Wednesday 6 June 2007

Five new things

1. Stephane Grappelli / Yehudi Menuhin CD - Strictly For The Birds
2. Leo Tolstoy novella - The Devil
3. Knowledge Cards - Latin for the Illiterati
4. Black Hair band - Accessorize
5. Jason body powder - with Tea tree oil

Why?

1. For song number 10, Sweet Sue. What a lovely lilting violin Grappelli plays. I once had a very vivid dream about ten years ago that I could play the violin and did so in the high school marching band! It was a strange sensation trying to march about the field, scraping a bow across the strings.
2 Page 49, "...But Liza, being sensitive, at once noticed that something was tormenting Yevgeny, and she asked him whether anything unpleasant had happened. He was not prepared for this question and hesitated a little before replying that there had been nothing. This reply had made Liza think all the more. That something was tormenting him, and greatly tormenting, was as evident to her as that a fly had fallen into the milk, yet he would not speak of it. What could it be?"
3. 'Silo et philosophus esto' - Be silent and you will pass for a philosopher. 'Sutor, ne supra crepidam' - (cobbler, stick to your last) mind your own business.
4. My hair is growing out and I'm not sure what to do with it. I've stuck it into a black alice band and I'm trying to ignore it.
5. Combines dessicant, anti-bacterial and eco-smug properties all in one shake of the canister. Yea, dry AND ethical!

Five new things today.

2 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

Lovely list!

Jason body powder with tea tree oil... Reminds me of your recommendations for Burt's Bees products. I think I still have that original tube of lip balm you sent me so many years ago. (I've since been through others, but that one remains. Not for some weird nostalgic reason, mind you, but because it melted and got soft and mushy. As a result, it's a bit messier to use so it languishs and is used only occasionally when I can't find my solid Bees.)

hm-uk said...

I'm glad you like the Burt's Bees stuff. I met Burt once. He's a grizzled and gruff biker guy - not the type you'd expect to manufacture body lotion! He was a lovely guy and I was happy to buy his products. It's interesting to see mainstream pharmacies, like CVS, carrying Burt's.