Friday 27 July 2007

Unlikely Food Combinations

Today's lunch consisted of remainders from the refrigerator accompanied by condiments with 'use-by' dates, all the way back from the Clinton administration to 2009 (extra vinegar and salt-packed goodness). The ratings for this menu are included. Please feel free to use any recipe you like for upcoming parties or picnics, I'm sure your guests will thank you profusely!

Appetizer

1 cold felafel ball with Patak's mango chutney - *** (odd combination, I know, but strangely pleasing)

Main

Grated cheddar cheese (mold grated in for extra taste) mixed with plain low-fat yogurt (curdlesque'd) and chopped wilted and yellow-y spinach on brown bread - *1/2

Dessert

soft red seedless grapes with the mushy bits chopped off and speckledy-brown bananas - **

I think I was pretty safe with my appetizer and dessert choice, however, I may have risked a bit too much on the main course - stay tuned, my next entry might be titled "A night on the tiles". I think that tendy's afternoon activity may be joining me for a shopping trip to Kennington Tesco.

By the way, don't forget to submit your meme questions...I've had some brilliant ones so far and I'm looking forward to answering them next Friday. Ask your friends to join in (thanks pomp) and tell them that a fabulous prize is on offer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm. Yuck? Of course, there is something to be said for not wasting. For that alone, you receive kudos. The appetizer and dessert sounded palatable, but here's hoping the entree didn't leave you worshipping at the foot of the porcelain throne, though...