Sunday 29 July 2007

Six Words...

Pomp has issued a challenge for her readers to try and describe themselves in six words. I've decided to try and rise to the challenge.

Fickle, Skeptic, Open, Determined, Loyal, Gentle

Thanks for the challenge, Pomp. It's a task that's a bit more difficult than I first imagined because equally I am:

Student, Lover, Friend, Dreamer, Fighter, Worker

and I:

Rant, Prune, Argue, Laugh, Drink, Read

That's eighteen, huh? Ah well, eighteen is lucky in Judaism (no, I'm not) so maybe I'll stop here...

Aitch-Em-You-Kay

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the selection of nouns and verbs here! Excellent.

hm-uk said...

Thanks for the challenge - it made me think about how I would 'honestly' define myself. Of course, there is the idea that the more one describes oneself the further from the true essence of 'self' one departs. Who knows?

Anonymous said...

Good point. I suppose in your case, your words would be about shedding the tinsel and getting down to the tree... (And what a lovely tree you are, too, if I may say so!)

hm-uk said...

Thanks for the compliment - you're too kind. Yes, for a person who seems bent on shedding tinsel, I managed to come up with more words than anyone else. Irony? Hubris?

Anonymous said...

Irony? Perhaps. Hubris? Maybe. Layered? Definitely! ;-)