Tuesday 24 July 2007

Gotta getta Meme C*mpetition

Okay...every blog I've been to in the past three days has had a meme posted. That's fine, it seems that, like monkeys washing fruit, people take inspiration from others/are tagged by others into completing a meme.

Therefore, I'm holding the FIRST EVER (and maybe last) "Youyoutotomeme" c*mpetition. I would like for everyone who reads this blog to submit 3 questions to me. I will randomly pick (dice throw or something like that) one of your 3 questions to answer...honestly. I will answer 10 questions and since I think that my readership only extends to three or four of you, I may end up answering ALL of your questions. However, and this is the good part, I love prizes. I think that c*mpetitions without prizes are rubbish, however, British quiz shows (almost all of them are played sans prizes) are brilliant so I'm willing to amend that thought...but, I digress. This competition will have a prize. It will be a '5-star prize' because rubbish prizes are, well...rubbish. The best question of the c*mpetition will be selected by an independent and non-biased jury, comprised of: my boss and her best mate. How's that for objective?

Wanna play? Go on then and submit your questions in the comments area of this post. I'll run this for a week and next Tuesday will be Q&A session for yours truly. Also, could someone recommend a good way for me to give out the prize without stepping on anyone's privacy (mine included)?

I'm sure that I'm probably breaking all sorts of rules by running some sort of c*mpetition without a license, so shhhhhh! Don't tell.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fell asleep thinking about this one, hoping to wake up with three of the most BRILLIANT questions ever. Alas, I awoke disappointed. But, I'm going to noodle away today at work (it will be my only bright spot in the day, I assure you) and see what I come up with.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

I'm thinking.....

Sister Mary Lisa said...

OK, here goes nuthin.

1. If you could empower one woman in one way, who would it be, and what way would you empower her?

2. Which celebrity would you like to see dress in drag?

3. If you could catapult yourself to any place and time, where would you go, and why?

Anonymous said...

I asked Agnes what she would ask and she said, "But I don't know Aitch" and I said, "But that's the point, because I do and this is about getting to know her." That said, here are her questions:

1. Paper or plastic?
2. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
3. Chocolate or vanilla?

(I'm making her think some more on this one, just fyi.)

Here are mine.

1. You've had a good life. What are the three moments/accomplishments in your life you're proudest of?

2. What do you miss most about New Mexico? And why?

3. If you had a motto, what would it be?

And I'm going to think some more on this, too...

Good meme competition, Aitch!

celerman said...

What would be you final message to a loved one?

Which way is up?

How would you like to be remembered?

hm-uk said...

Welcome Celerman! I loved reading your blog today. Sometimes I click on the updated blogs that flash, just to see what's out there. I've never linked to a 'random' one, until now. Thanks for your meme questions, too, they're ace.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

HM-UK, I went to Celerman's older stuff and found a great story called The Red Letter. Very well-written and interesting as hell.