Wednesday 15 August 2007

The Girl who Flew Away

Yesterday was such a weird day. We got a phone call from a friend who told us that one of our acquaintances had died. I think life had been too much for her lately.

We hadn't seen her in a few years and the last time was just a quick passing in the street when we exchanged a few polite words and a suggestion of getting together sometime for a drink. That was it, really, and I hadn't thought of her much since.

There was a point in time this past week when I was washing my hands, taking a drink of water, eating some food or snuggling up to the SO and watching a movie, and at that same moment V was jumping or falling over a cliff. I feel weird even though I am sure that I factor so insignificantly into this event. As my SO said, the anguish she must have felt is over. I still feel weird...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The SO is right. But I'd feel weird, too. The mere thought that somewhere out there is someone experiencing a level of pain so intense it seems unfathomable is jarring.

Rest in peace, V.