Thursday 2 August 2007

Dreaming of Who?

Yesterday my SO and I were sitting in our living room discussing an upcoming concert for which we have managed to purchase four tickets. Obviously, we only need two tickets and so we were going through our list of friends and acquaintances we thought might enjoy chumming along to watch the "Great Purple One Who Used To Be A &*%£ But Now Has Reclaimed His Former Name". We managed to phone up one dear friend of ours who happily agreed to join us, however, we were still left with a solitary ticket. It won't be a problem to find another to be a fourth for our posse. The ticket, though, figures nicely into the dream I had last night.

Scene 1

(Scene opens in Aitch's living room. Aitch and Jay are sitting on the couch discussing the fourth ticket)

J: I don't know who we'll get to take this fourth ticket off of our hands.

H: I know. I'll ask Cameron Diaz, (*yes, I know what a brilliant idea!) she'll be at work tomorrow and I'm sure she'd love to go see Prince with us.

J: Okay, that sounds great!

(Both Aitch and Jay are clapping their hands together and bouncing up and down on the sofa gleefully.)

Scene 2

(Scene opens in a jewellery store where Aitch and Cameron Diaz are working. Aitch turns to Cameron Diaz behind the counter pensively)

H: Hey Cameron, would you like to come see Prince with me and Jay and Em on the first of September?

C: (thinks for a moment) Um, I can't really. I could get really good seats and backstage passes, but thanks for reminding me that I need to get out of the house more!

H: Okay.

(Aitch turns to a woman who has come up to the counter to look at some rather delicate tumbled stone earrings (*I know, what an oxymoron!) and the woman decides that she will take an assorted pack filled with malachite, quartz and lapis. Aitch turns to ring up the customer. Dream ends.

*Cameron, if you're out there and you feel like going to a Prince concert on the 1st of September, we've got an extra ticket (for now...).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You know, I'd love to come! I can't believe you asked me!!

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!! If Cameron flakes out on you and Jay, can Agnes have the ticket? I think she'd enjoy Prince.