Thursday 10 January 2008

This One's for Wry...

I have a preference for somewhat thrashy music. I love a good guitar intro and hook. This song has both, I believe, and everytime I hear it, the title reminds me of my favourite Shwissy ex-pat



The song is called, "Am I Wry? No." It's by a band called Mew Frengers, who are Danish/Swedish/Norwegian...well, Scandanavian. I bought the CD based on the cover, which has a young girl dressed in a matador costume...it's got a few good songs on it. This one is good to clean house to - the vacuuming gets done lickety-split with thrashy-esque music. Notice the especially pouty lead singer; love him, he's gorgeous.

5 comments:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Nice song, Aitch.

hm-uk said...

Thanks SML. Their style reminds me of the late 80's big-hair rock bands, like 'White Lion' and 'Scorpions'. I'm sure some will disagree with my assessment but I'm all for re-hashing any art form and bringing it up-to-date.

I ADORE good music of any genre though I wish that I was more well-versed in composition - my training literally stopped when I was sixteen. I do regret not making the time to relearn an instrument and to read music again. Sorry for going off on one - you made a very lovely comment and I seem to have brought my soapbox along.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. And very thrashy, as you say. Now I know what you mean when you say that.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I, too, regret giving up the piano all those years ago. One day, I'll take it up again. You could, too (take up an instrument, that is. Not necessarily the piano, unless that's what you're referring to...)

Anonymous said...

PS - I love this!! I love the song, and I can't resist the title. :-)

It just took me a couple days to make it over here and say so. I'm lame.

And yes, you're always invited.

- wry